- They were wretched stuff, in the Grub-street-ballad style; and when they were printed he sent me about the town to sell them.
- I now took a fancy to poetry, and made some little pieces; my brother, thinking it might turn to account, encouraged me, and put me on composing occasional ballads.
- In New York and Philad’a the printers were indeed stationers; they sold only paper, etc., almanacs, ballads, and a few common school-books.
There are no more uses of "ballad" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- her latest album is a collection of love ballads.
- ...write a ballad of this dream.
Go to more samples
Shakespeare, William -- A Midsummer Night’s Dream