- Now she glanced at each house, and felt, when she was safely home, that she had won past a thousand enemies armed with ridicule.
- By day, rattling about in many activities, she was able to ridicule her blazing nights of darkness.
- I’ve even stood for your ridiculing our Watch Gopher Prairie Grow campaign.
- She debated it, furiously denied it, reaffirmed it, ridiculed it.
- And they’ve been ridiculing it, all this while!"
- And some day when he gets away from Harry Haydock’s patronage and ridicule, he’ll do something fine."
- She pictured, and ridiculed, herself as walking up to him and remarking, "I am sick with the Village Virus.
There are no more uses of "ridicule" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- It’s easier to ridicule her ideas than to seriously refute her findings.
- In his day, he was ridiculed for saying the earth is round.
Go to more samples