- She was tactful, torrentially anecdotal.
- She smiled at him with the exasperating tactfulness of a woman checking a flirtation; a smile like an airy pat on the arm.
- You can do anything, with your brains and tact and that heavenly voice.
- When Carol was touched by the desire for heroism in Raymie and tried tactfully to express it, Vida made her feel like an impertinent child.
- They laughed, and spoke of Minneapolis, and were tremendously tactful; and Carol started for home, through the November wind.
- Vida smiled tactfully at each of the committee, and announced, "Well, I don’t believe we’d better start anything more right now.
- (Though perhaps you were just a bit tactless.
There are no more uses of "tact" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He was a big, good man with a soft baritone, who ruled with easy tact a choir of repressed soloists, and who had an unerring memory for the favorite hymns of District Superintendents.
Harper Lee -- Go Set a Watchman
- Minho shouted, always the tactful one.
Go to more samples
James Dashner -- The Scorch Trials