- She was the soft, damp, fat, sighing, indigestive, clinging, melancholy, depressingly hopeful kind.
- She was melancholy at sight of the mousey girls with whom she had "always intended to get acquainted," and the half dozen young men who were ready to fall in love with her.
- "Chilly night, but I like this melancholy gray," he said.
- For all his willingness to play there was over him a melancholy which piqued her.
There are no more uses of "melancholy" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Since her dog died she’s been in a melancholy mood.
- This weather makes me melancholy. I can’t wait for spring,
Go to more samples