- She wanted to hide in the generous indifference of cities.
- "It’s so cold when you get dumped in the snow," said Mrs. Elder, indifferently.
- In supposing that only she was observant Carol was ignorant, misled by the indifference of cities.
- She hated herself and the town’s indifferent cruelty when she saw Bea’s radiant devotion to both babies alike; when she saw Miles staring at them wistfully.
- He kissed her, rambled off, nodded to Jim Howland, stopped indifferently to speak to Mrs. Terry Gould.
- The clerk said indifferently that he "guessed" Miss Mullins was up in Room 37, and left Carol to find the way.
- She pounded her fist on the cool enameled rim of the bathtub and raged mutely against the indifferent gods: "I don’t care!
There are no more uses of "indifferent" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- About a third are in favor of the change, a third are opposed, and a third are indifferent.
- Before meeting us, she felt alone in an indifferent world.
Go to more samples