- She was loyal, industrious, and at rare times merry.
- The real villains of the piece are the clean, kind, industrious Family Men who use every known brand of trickery and cruelty to insure the prosperity of their cubs.
- He liked three kinds of films: pretty bathing girls with bare legs; policemen or cowboys and an industrious shooting of revolvers; and funny fat men who ate spaghetti.
- It was a world of good little people, comfortable, industrious, credulous.
- The Doppelbraus were respectable people, industrious people, prosperous people, whose ideal of happiness was an eternal cabaret.
- She was so impersonal, this slight, pale, industrious Swede, that it was vulgar to think of her as going to an ordinary home to eat hash.
There are no more uses of "industrious" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She is likely to succeed in the job because she is smart, friendly, and industrious.
- She is the most industrious of all Tashi’s father’s widows, and her fields are praised for their cleanliness, productivity and general attractiveness.
Go to more samples
Alice Walker -- The Color Purple