- With the solemn face of a devotee, breathing heavily through his open mouth, he plodded nightly through every picture, and during the rite he detested interruptions.
- He sulkily admitted now that there was no more escape, but he lay and detested the grind of the real-estate business, and disliked his family, and disliked himself for disliking them.
- Even while he detested his own thoughts, they rode him.
There are no more uses of "detest" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She detests politicians who make promises they don’t keep.
- I die adoring God, loving my friends, not hating my enemies, and detesting superstition.
Go to more samples