- Mrs. Gunch squeaked, and they jumped with unnatural jocularity, but at Frink’s hiss they sank into subdued awe.
- Save with Paul Riesling, mechanical friendships—back-slapping and jocular, never daring to essay the test of quietness.
- When they did venture, tables got in their way, and they sought to cover embarrassment by heavy jocularity at the coatroom.
- He was embarrassingly jocular and salacious.
- He elaborately, heavily, jocularly tried to check them.
There are no more uses of "jocular" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- "Oops!" her father agreed jocularly.
Sara Shepard -- Pretty Little Liars
- "You’re rude, jocular; and the one time you do something serious, it tears at the fabric of our nation.
Go to more samples
Kiera Cass -- The Elite