- The rites of preparing for bed were elaborate and unchanging.
- The wives refused, with giggles, but the men, speaking in a wide, elaborate, enjoyable manner, gloated, "Well, sooner than have you get sore at me, Georgie—"
- CHAPTER V BABBITT’S preparations for leaving the office to its feeble self during the hour and a half of his lunch-period were somewhat less elaborate than the plans for a general European war.
- Mrs. Babbitt preferred the pictures in which handsome young women in elaborate frocks moved through sets ticketed as the drawing-rooms of New York millionaires.
- He was impatient as the jest elaborately rolled on to its denouement.
- He elaborately, heavily, jocularly tried to check them.
There are no more uses of "elaborate" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Please elaborate on the reasons you think this is the best plan.
- As we talked, she elaborated on her idea
Go to more samples