- Didn’t Clif, with his puppy-dog humor, his speech of a vaudeville farmer, his suspicion of fine manners as posing, take life too easily?
- She told him that she "adored" vaudeville, that her father, Andrew Jackson Tozer, was born in the East (by which she meant Illinois), and that she didn’t particularly care for nursing.
- The first night, he was able to check against pyrophobia, for at the vaudeville with Leora, when on the stage a dancer lighted a brazier, he sat waiting for the theater to take fire.
There are no more uses of "vaudeville" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The three hops of the bunny became three struts of a vaudeville vamp.
Jerry Spinelli -- Stargirl
- Whatever she does or says is burnished with an almost vaudevillian touch.
Go to more samples
Pat Conroy -- The Water is Wide