- They perish from hunger and from the claws of the wild beasts...
- The trees have swallowed the ruins, and the bones under the ruins, and all the things which perished.
- And they, these few, fought a hopeless battle, and they perished with their banners smeared by their own blood.
- Thus did all thought, all science, all wisdom perish on earth.
- And they chose to perish, for they knew.
- For that which they died to save can never perish.
- The word which will not die, should we all perish in battle.
There are no more uses of "perish" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- ...government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Abraham Lincoln -- Gettysburg Address
- We can work together or perish separately.
Go to more samples