- However, whatever was my motive,— and it may have been pride, for I used to be very proud,—I certainly struggled to the door.
- However, I don’t propose to discuss politics, sociology, or metaphysics with you.
- Now and then, however, he is horribly thoughtless, and seems to take a real delight in giving me pain.
- People will some day, however.
- They commit one mistake, however.
- However, tell me about your genius.
- However, just as you wish.
- One thing, however, he felt that it had done for him.
- Sometimes, however, a tragedy that has artistic elements of beauty crosses our lives.
- Ultimately, however, it did die.
Show more again
- And, yet, who, that knew anything about Life, would surrender the chance of remaining always young, however fantastic that chance might be, or with what fateful consequences it might be fraught?
- It was remarked, however, that those who had been most intimate with him appeared, after a time, to shun him.
- However, it wasn’t about myself I wanted to talk.
- He was an excellent musician, however, as well, and played both the violin and the piano better than most amateurs.
- They have been very fortunate lately, however.
There are no more uses of "however" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: However, complications may...
despite that (Used to connect contrasting ideas. Other synonyms could include in spite of that, nevertheless, nonetheless, and on the other hand.)
as in: However much she tried...
to whatever degree (regardless of how much)
as in: However you do it, get it done!
in whatever way