- There was one thwart set as low as possible, a kind of stretcher in the bows, and a double paddle for propulsion.
- I dropped upon the thwart again, none too soon, for I was near overboard.
- Even these bore trace of the drunken folly of the pirates, one in a broken thwart, and both in their muddy and unbailed condition.
There are no more uses of "thwart" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- "I assume you did it to thwart me," Ty said.
Cassandra Clare -- City of Heavenly Fire
- The time spent denying coverage, arguing, dismissing, thwarting—surely it was more trouble than simply granting her parents access to the right care.
Go to more samples
Dave Eggers -- The Circle