- And I was a civil, pious boy, and could rattle off my catechism that fast, as you couldn’t tell one word from another.
- I’ve thought it all out in this here lonely island, and I’m back on piety.
- That’s what it begun with, but it went further’n that; and so my mother told me, and predicked the whole, she did, the pious woman!
- Now, for instance, you wouldn’t think I had had a pious mother—to look at me?" he asked.
- "Ah, well," said he, "but I had—remarkable pious.
There are no more uses of "pious" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The cartoon with a drawing of Muhammad outraged many pious Muslims.
- Her piety required her to help her neighbors who were in need.
Go to more samples