- Yet these people were clothed in pleasant fabrics that must at times need renewal, and their sandals, though undecorated, were fairly complex specimens of metalwork.
- The Psychologist leant forward to see, holding out his hand for a specimen.
- One corner I saw was charred and shattered; perhaps, I thought, by an explosion among the specimens.
- If you’ll stop to lunch I’ll prove you this time travelling up to the hilt, specimen and all.
- At the risk of disappointing Richardson I stayed on, waiting for the Time Traveller; waiting for the second, perhaps still stranger story, and the specimens and photographs he would bring with him.
There are no more uses of "specimen" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The museum holds over a million insect specimens.
- they collected a tissue specimen for analysis
Go to more samples