- I clenched my hands and steadfastly looked into the glaring eyeballs.
- I lit a match, and, looking down, I saw a small, white, moving creature, with large bright eyes which regarded me steadfastly as it retreated.
- It had set itself steadfastly towards comfort and ease, a balanced society with security and permanency as its watchword, it had attained its hopes—to come to this at last.
There are no more uses of "steadfast" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- But then, that’s who Helene is: Her faith is steadfast.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- Moving apace with the river was a long single-file line of men, eyes aimed at their feet, shoulders tense, walking steadfastly nowhere.
Go to more samples
Gillian Flynn -- Gone Girl