- Why, my dear Basil, he is a Narcissus, and you—well, of course you have an intellectual expression, and all that.
- She trembled all over, and shook like a white narcissus.
- Once, in boyish mockery of Narcissus, he had kissed, or feigned to kiss, those painted lips that now smiled so cruelly at him.
There are no more uses of "Narcissus" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- like Narcissus gazing in a pool
- Narcissus does not fall in love with his reflection because it is beautiful, but because it is his. If it were his beauty that enthralled him, he would be set free in a few years by its fading.
Go to more samples
W. H. Auden