- Poor Mrs. Tulliver had in her hands a small tray, on which she had placed her silver teapot, a specimen teacup and saucer, the castors, and sugar-tongs.
- "That’s what it is, Miss," said Bob, quickly, exhibiting a singularly broad specimen of that difference between the man and the monkey.
- "And your plain sewing is so beautiful, Maggie," said Lucy, "that I think I shall beg a few specimens of you to show as fancy-work.
There are no more uses of "specimen" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The museum holds over a million insect specimens.
- they collected a tissue specimen for analysis
Go to more samples