- Put it into my portfolio.
- You had your portfolio with you, then?
- Now, how could a sailor find room in his pocket for a portfolio large enough to contain an official letter?
- Then it was not till your return to the ship that you put the letter in the portfolio?
- A moment afterwards Julie saw him go up-stairs carrying two or three heavy ledgers, a portfolio, and a bag of money.
- Morrel examined the ledgers, opened the portfolio, and counted the money.
- The count’s sad face was illumined by a faint smile, as he noticed the portfolio which the receiver-general held in his hand.
- M. de Boville said nothing, but nodded his head, and took up the portfolio.
- The young girl to whom this question was addressed drew from an inlaid secretary a small portfolio with a lock, in which she counted twenty-three bank-notes.
- The other day a banker’s clerk brought him fifty thousand francs in a portfolio about the size of your plate; yesterday his banker brought him a hundred thousand francs in gold."
There are no more uses of "portfolio" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: a leather portfolio
a large, flat, thin case for carrying papers, drawings, etc.
as in: showed her creative portfolio
a set of pieces of creative work collected as an example of work
as in: investment portfolio
all the investments held by an individual or organization