- It is told that the Duc d’Antin removed in a single night a whole avenue of trees that annoyed Louis XIV.
- * Elisabeth de Rossan, Marquise de Ganges, was one of the famous women of the court of Louis XIV. where she was known as "La Belle Provencale."
- "It might be so under the Bourbons, but at present"— "It has always been so, my dear Morrel, since the reign of Louis XIV.
- —are you going to make me ring a second time for the carriage?" asked Monte Cristo, in the same tone that Louis XIV. pronounced the famous, "I have been almost obliged to wait."
There are no more uses of "Louis XIV" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- During the French Revolution, I got worried about my boy Louis XIV, the Sun King, then went down to check on him and found out he had died seventy-five years earlier.
Rick Riordan -- The Trials of Apollo
- The door’s lock and hinges are so big and antiquarian, they must be Louis XIV.
Go to more samples
Anthony Doerr -- All the Light We Cannot See