- I could recite you the whole of Thucydides, Xenophon, Plutarch, Titus Livius, Tacitus, Strada, Jornandes, Dante, Montaigne, Shakespeare, Spinoza, Machiavelli, and Bossuet.
- Thus was Lady Macbeth served by her conscience, when she sought to give her son, and not her husband (whatever Shakespeare may say), a throne.
- No, no; like Shakespeare’s ’Polonius,’ he died for another.
- " ’Woman is fickle.’ said Francis I.; ’woman is like a wave of the sea,’ said Shakespeare; both the great king and the great poet ought to have known woman’s nature well."
There are no more uses of "Shakespeare" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- As Shakespeare said, "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose."
- We enjoy Shakespeare in the Park programs during the summer.
Go to more samples