- People are found every day in the Seine, having thrown themselves in, or having been drowned from not knowing how to swim.
- "Why, they induced General Quesnel to go there, and General Quesnel, who quitted his own house at nine o’clock in the evening, was found the next day in the Seine."
- Father, you know very well that the general was not a man to drown himself in despair, and people do not bathe in the Seine in the month of January.
There are no more uses of "The Seine" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She remembered standing at the edge of the Seine with him, watching the light catch his hair, as fine and fair as the feathery stems of a dandelion clock.
Cassandra Clare -- City of Heavenly Fire
- They walk to the Pantheon, or to a flower market, or along the Seine.
Go to more samples
Anthony Doerr -- All the Light We Cannot See