- His zeal had procured him advancement, and he was said to be one of the first who had informed the government of the departure from the Island of Elba.
- The count praised Bertuccio’s zeal, and ordered him to prepare for a speedy departure, as his stay in France would not be prolonged more than a month.
- Several persons hurried up to M. de Villefort, who sat half bowed over in his chair, offering him consolation, encouragement, and protestations of zeal and sympathy.
- Julie was at the entrance of the garden, where she was attentively watching Penelon, who, entering with zeal into his profession of gardener, was very busy grafting some Bengal roses.
- "But"—said Villefort, and then suddenly checking himself, he was silent; then he continued, "Your pardon, sire," he said, bowing, "my zeal carried me away.
There are no more uses of "zeal" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She attacks each challenge with zeal.
- We need someone with both zeal and ability.
Go to more samples