- But on this occasion the precaution was superfluous, and everything proceeded with the utmost smoothness and politeness.
- "Sir," said she, "it is superfluous for me to tell you that Valentine’s marriage is broken off, since it was here that the affair was concluded."
- From the same drawer she took a man’s complete costume, from the boots to the coat, and a provision of linen, where there was nothing superfluous, but every requisite.
- "— "Oh," said Monte Cristo "it would be quite superfluous for you to tell me, for I already know it."
There are no more uses of "superfluous" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Eliminate superfluous words.
- Everyone liked the idea. The arguments I prepared to support it were superfluous.
Go to more samples