- The young girl, perceiving that there was something extraordinary, looked at him steadfastly.
- He had read in the countenances of Luigi and Teresa their steadfast resolution not to surrender him, and he drew from his pocket a purse full of gold, which he offered to them.
- Noirtier kept his eyes steadfastly fixed on the same spot.
- The count took out a small quantity of this with a gilt spoon, and offered it to Morrel, fixing a long steadfast glance upon him.
- An hour had nearly passed, during which Valentine, breathless and motionless, watched steadfastly over Morrel.
- Tell me," cried Villefort, fixing his eyes more steadfastly on her than he had ever done before, "did you ever reveal to any one our connection?"
- I will say"— "Do you think you are engaged with a pygmy like yourself?" said Bertuccio, in so calm a tone, and with so steadfast a look, that Andrea was moved to the very soul.
There are no more uses of "steadfast" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- But then, that’s who Helene is: Her faith is steadfast.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- Moving apace with the river was a long single-file line of men, eyes aimed at their feet, shoulders tense, walking steadfastly nowhere.
Go to more samples
Gillian Flynn -- Gone Girl