- He leaned back, put his finger-tips together, and assumed his most impassive and judicial expression.
- She was a large, impassive, heavy-featured woman with a stern set expression of mouth.
- She had a proud, finely cut face, so regular that it might have seemed impassive were it not for the sensitive mouth and the beautiful dark, eager eyes.
- In that impassive, colourless man, with his straw hat and his butterfly-net, I seemed to see something terrible—a creature of infinite patience and craft, with a smiling face and a murderous heart.
There are no more uses of "impassive" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He remained impassive, showing neither interest in nor concern.
- A fleeting expression crossed the Special’s impassive face—annoyance mixed with suspicion.
Go to more samples
Scott Westerfeld -- Uglies