- "Well, really!" he cried, and then he choked and laughed again until he was obliged to lie back, limp and helpless, in the chair.
- To determine its exact meaning I have been obliged to work out the present prices of the investments with which it is concerned.
- I should be very much obliged if you would slip your revolver into your pocket.
- I should be immensely obliged to you.
- You will find it laid out upon the bed in your room, and if you would be so good as to put it on we should both be extremely obliged.
- " ’Oh, yes,’ said he, turning to me, ’we are very much obliged to you, Miss Hunter, for falling in with our whims so far as to cut your hair.
There are no more uses of "obliged" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He obliged her by listening attentively.
- They looked at me expectantly and I was obliged to comment.
Go to more samples