- The only drawback is that there is no law, I fear, that can touch the scoundrel.
- "There’s a cold-blooded scoundrel!" said Holmes, laughing, as he threw himself down into his chair once more.
- But he is a dirty scoundrel.
- I know you, you scoundrel!
- At the foot of the stairs, however, she met this Lascar scoundrel of whom I have spoken, who thrust her back and, aided by a Dane, who acts as assistant there, pushed her out into the street.
There are no more uses of "scoundrel" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He’s a scoundrel. Don’t trust him.
- He is the most intolerable scoundrel on the face of the earth.
Go to more samples
Charles Dickens -- Bleak House