- It was close upon four before the door opened, and a drunken-looking groom, ill-kempt and side-whiskered, with an inflamed face and disreputable clothes, walked into the room.
- Beside the couch was a wooden chair, and on the angle of the back hung a very seedy and disreputable hard-felt hat, much the worse for wear, and cracked in several places.
- However, I must not sit gossiping here, but must get these disreputable clothes off and return to my highly respectable self.
There are no more uses of "reputable" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- It is a reputable business.
- these grave, reputable, and pious people
Go to more samples
Nathaniel Hawthorne -- Young Goodman Brown