- "It was lost, if I remember aright, at the Hotel Cosmopolitan," I remarked.
- Head attendant at the Hotel Cosmopolitan.
- He rummaged amid his newspapers, glancing over the dates, until at last he smoothed one out, doubled it over, and read the following paragraph: "Hotel Cosmopolitan Jewel Robbery.
There are no more uses of "cosmopolitan" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She love’s New York’s cosmopolitan atmosphere.
- They were dust, and a stink, and cosmopolitan chatter, and the girl whose cat had been killed had lived more deeply than they.
Go to more samples
E.M. Forster -- Howards End