- But, making Oliver cry, Noah attempted to be more facetious still; and in his attempt, did what many sometimes do to this day, when they want to be funny.
- With this irrepressible ebullition of mirth, Master Bates laid himself flat on the floor: and kicked convulsively for five minutes, in an ectasy of facetious joy.
- ’Where is she?’ said Mr. Bumble, whom the gin-and-water had rendered facetious.
- ’—Which makes three,’ observed Mr. Bumble, essaying a stroke of facetiousness.
There are no more uses of "facetious" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I trust you didn’t take her facetious remarks seriously.
- You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious, nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
Go to more samples