- "Do just as you please, my dear," replied Mrs. Allen, with the most placid indifference.
- "No," replied her friend very placidly, "I know you never mind dirt."
- Mrs. Allen did all that she could do in such a case by saying very placidly, every now and then, "I wish you could dance, my dear—I wish you could get a partner."
- James was in excellent spirits, and Isabella most engagingly placid.
There are no more uses of "placid" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay
- I scan their faces, trying to look as placid as possible.
Go to more samples
Veronica Roth -- Insurgent