- I will, of course, pay nothing at all, on the contrary I will consider whether to proceed with some kind of action for damages from you
- On the contrary, as a family there was a duty to swallow any revulsion for him and to be patient, just to be patient.
- "On the contrary", said the middle gentleman, "would the young lady not like to come in and play for us here in the room, where it is, after all, much more cosy and comfortable?"
There are no more uses of "contrary" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We will not allow members to act contrary to our code of ethics.
- What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say to the contrary.
Go to more samples