- Without attending to this, Henry Crawford continued his supplication.
- She was immediately surrounded by supplications; everybody asked it; even Edmund said, "Do, Fanny, if it is not very disagreeable to you."
- What do you think we have been sitting down for but to be talked to about it, and entreated and supplicated never to do so again?
- She stopt, felt herself getting into a puzzle, and could not be prevailed on to add another word, not by dint of several minutes of supplication and waiting.
There are no more uses of "supplicate" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He supplicated the King for forgiveness
- The woman walked past him, up the steps, onto the porch, into the house, and the man bowed his head as if in prayer, then lifted his head as if in supplication.
Go to more samples
Rick Yancey -- The Infinite Sea