- Me! a poor, helpless, forlorn widow, unfit for anything, my spirits quite broke down; what could I do with a girl at her time of life?
- I never saw a place that wanted so much improvement in my life; and it is so forlorn that I do not know what can be done with it.
- Fanny, whether near or from her cousins, whether in the schoolroom, the drawing-room, or the shrubbery, was equally forlorn, finding something to fear in every person and place.
- They had been all solitary, helpless, and forlorn alike; and now the arrival of the others only established her superiority in wretchedness.
There are no more uses of "forlorn" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She energized the previously forlorn team.
- She stood behind the counter with a forlorn look in her eyes.
Go to more samples