- CHAPTER XV — FATHER AND DAUGHTER ALTHOUGH Mr. Gradgrind did not take after Blue Beard, his room was quite a blue chamber in its abundance of blue books.
- ’My dear Louisa,’ said he, ’you abundantly repay my care.
- The signal was given and the windlass stopped, with abundant rope to spare.
- He next had recourse to the administration of potent restoratives, such as screwing the patient’s thumbs, smiting her hands, abundantly watering her face, and inserting salt in her mouth.
There are no more uses of "abundant" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Farmers in the region enjoy good soil, moderate temperatures, and an abundant supply of water.
- The country has abundant resources.
Go to more samples