- She was frightened as well as agitated at his vehemence.
- "You are taking too much upon yourself!" she said, vehemently.
- The most tragic woman is cowed by a tragic man, and although Boldwood was, in vehemence and glow, nearly her own self rendered into another sex, Bathsheba’s cheek quivered.
- A vehement impulse to flee from him, to run from this place, hide, and escape his words at any price, not stopping short of death itself, mastered Bathsheba now.
- I don’t—I know it is not true!" said Liddy, frightened at Bathsheba’s unwonted vehemence.
- Never!" said Boldwood, vehemently.
There are no more uses of "vehement" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She shakes her head vehemently.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- Marcia shook her head vehemently.
Go to more samples
Nicholas Sparks -- The Longest Ride