- The moon, as seen through these films, had a lurid metallic look.
- Troy looked in, dropped his wife’s hand, knowledge of it all came over him in a lurid sheen, and he stood still.
- Day was just dawning, and beside its cool air and colours her heated actions and resolves of the night stood out in lurid contrast.
- Bathsheba sat here till it began to rain, and the light vanished, when she withdrew to lie restlessly in her bed and re-enact in a worn mind the lurid scene of yesternight.
There are no more uses of "lurid" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Dawn breaks, the sun’s rays tracing the sky above Blackcliffs ebony belltower like bloodied fingers, tingeing everyone in the courtyard a lurid red.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- She showed me the lurid lines on her wrists, like bracelets.
Go to more samples
Gillian Flynn -- Gone Girl