- "Very well," she said, and gave him her hand, compressing her lips to a demure impassivity.
- "—And so ’a lost himself quite," continued Mr. Coggan, with an impassive face, implying that a true narrative, like time and tide, must run its course and would respect no man.
- It was an impassive King of her world.
- Troy laid these out upon the grass, and with an impassive face set to work to plant them.
There are no more uses of "impassive" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He remained impassive, showing neither interest in nor concern.
- A fleeting expression crossed the Special’s impassive face—annoyance mixed with suspicion.
Go to more samples
Scott Westerfeld -- Uglies