- "No, no, Liddy; you must stay!" said Bathsheba, dropping from haughtiness to entreaty with capricious inconsequence.
- Gabriel was not angry: he was simply neutral, although her first command had been so haughty.
- Just flashed her haughty eyes upon my poor scram body, and then let them go past me to what was yond, much as if I’d been no more than a leafless tree.
- However, stick to me, and neither this haughty goddess, dashing piece of womanhood, Juno-wife of mine (Juno was a goddess, you know), nor anybody else shall hurt you.
There are no more uses of "haughty" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- It is a story about a haughty princess who has a great fall.
- She has that haughty, rich and entitled attitude.
Go to more samples