- I thought her, on a thousand occasions, unnecessarily scrupulous and cautious:
- "Oh! you are too scrupulous, indeed you are," cried Emma warmly, and taking her hand.
- "So scrupulous for others," he continued, "and yet so careless for herself!
- "If I did not know her to be happy now," said Emma, seriously, "which, in spite of every little drawback from her scrupulous conscience, she must be, I could not bear these thanks;—for, oh!
There are no more uses of "scrupulous" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- You can count on her. She is scrupulous in her work.
- Lenders trust her as a scrupulous property inspector.
Go to more samples