- They are very good men, the monks, very pious men.
- "God have mercy on his soul," said my aunt piously.
- She was an old garrulous woman, a pawnbroker’s widow, who collected used stamps for some pious purpose.
- Not for a pious chap like you, Tommy.
- He was sober, thrifty and pious; he went to the altar every first Friday, sometimes with her, oftener by himself.
- Mr. Power turned to Mrs. Kernan and said with abrupt joviality: "Well, Mrs. Kernan, we’re going to make your man here a good holy pious and God-fearing Roman Catholic."
There are no more uses of "pious" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The cartoon with a drawing of Muhammad outraged many pious Muslims.
- Her piety required her to help her neighbors who were in need.
Go to more samples