- I watched my master’s face pass from amiability to sternness;
- She regarded the pillows for a long time and the sight of them awakened in her mind secret, amiable memories.
- Mrs. Kearney brought her daughter over to them, and talked to them amiably.
- Everyone was astounded (the author of the witticism no less than his neighbours) and Miss Delacour, who was a stout amiable person, began to smile broadly.
- "Very well," said Gabriel amiably, as he took another preparatory draught, "kindly forget my existence, ladies and gentlemen, for a few minutes."
- A look at her?" said Corley, more amiably.
There are no more uses of "amiable" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She seemed an ideal candidate—attractive, amiable, intelligent and energetic.
- It was an amiable gathering of old friends.
Go to more samples