- ’A prosperous voyage out, a thriving career abroad, and a happy return home!’
- ’Well,’ returned Mr. Waterbrook, pursing up his mouth, and playing with his watch-chain, in a comfortable, prosperous sort of way.
- — come to nothing, still we’ll be serious about it, and hope for a prosperous issue one of these days.
- ’A prosperous one?’ said I. ’Trot,’ returned my aunt gravely, ’I can’t say.
- I had been writing, in the newspaper and elsewhere, so prosperously, that when my new success was achieved, I considered myself reasonably entitled to escape from the dreary debates.
There are no more uses of "prosperous" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She owns a prosperous law firm.
- But in spite of these disadvantages, he had begun even in his father’s lifetime to lay the foundations of a prosperous future.
Go to more samples
Chinua Achebe -- Things Fall Apart