- It was after breakfast, and we had been summoned in from the playground, when Mr. Sharp entered and said: ’David Copperfield is to go into the parlour.’
- Hither, on the first morning of my so auspiciously beginning life on my own account, the oldest of the regular boys was summoned to show me my business.
- The pleasanter face which had replaced his, on the occasion of my last visit, answered to our summons, and went before us to the drawing-room.
- I summoned all the resolutions I had made, in all those many days and nights, and all those many conflicts of my heart.
- She looked so steadfastly at me: with a kind of doubt, or pity, or suspense in her affection: that I summoned the stronger determination to show her a perfectly cheerful face.
There are no more uses of "summon" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I was summoned to the principal’s office.
- I summoned all my courage and walked into the room.
Go to more samples