- Steerforth, after very much improving Mrs. Gummidge’s spirits by a cheerful salutation and a jocose embrace, took my arm, and hurried me away.
- Though I could almost have consigned her to the mercies of the wind on the topmost pinnacle of the Cathedral, without remorse, I made a virtue of necessity, and gave her a friendly salutation.
- ’Gentlemen!’ said Mr. Micawber, after the first salutations, ’you are friends in need, and friends indeed.
- ’Well, Mr. and Mrs. Micawber,’ was my aunt’s first salutation after we were seated.
There are no more uses of "salutation" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The traditional Hindu salutation is "Namaste".
- Greetings and salutations.
Go to more samples