- ’Like his impudence,’ said Peggotty, ’but I don’t mind that!
- I mentioned what they had said about her, and she laughed, and told me they were impudent fellows who talked nonsense — but I knew it pleased her.
- ’ ’What foolish, impudent creatures!’ cried my mother, laughing and covering her face.
- When you take the liberty of calling me mean or base, or anything of that sort, you are an impudent beggar.
- You are always a beggar, you know; but when you do that, you are an impudent beggar.’
- ’Go along, you dog, do!’ cried the little creature, making a whisk at him with the handkerchief with which she was wiping her face, ’and don’t be impudent!
There are no more uses of "impudent" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She is an impudent girl given to insulting strangers.
- She has a certain genius, but her impudence makes it very difficult to work with her.
Go to more samples