- How I had a grasping, avaricious wish to shut out everybody from her but myself, and to be all in all to her, at that unseasonable time of all times.
- That Mr. W. has been for years deluded and plundered, in every conceivable manner, to the pecuniary aggrandisement of the avaricious, false, and grasping — HEEP.
- A most remarkable circumstance is, that I really don’t think he grasped this sum even so much for the gratification of his avarice, which was inordinate, as in the hatred he felt for Copperfield.
There are no more uses of "avarice" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We can try both to minimize greed and avarice and to channel them into directions beneficial to society.
- She was doomed to an empty life motivated by avarice.
Go to more samples