- "If you please, sir," said I. He was very obliging, and as he handed me into a fly after superintending the removal of my boxes, I asked him whether there was a great fire anywhere?
- But by obliging me to employ a boy, Caddy has embarrassed me to that extent, overwhelmed as I am with public business, that I don’t know which way to turn.
- "I think," mademoiselle replies without any action and in a clear, obliging voice, "that you are a miserable wretch."
- You are exceedingly obliging, Sir Leicester, and on behalf of those ladies (who are present) and for myself, I thank you very much.
- You are very obliging, Sir Leicester Dedlock.
There are no more uses of "obliging" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He escorted his mother in an obliging manner.
- At this point I played a somewhat underhanded trick on this obliging fellow.
Go to more samples
Farley Mowat -- Never Cry Wolf