- The day waned into a gloomy evening, overcast and sad, and I still contended with the same distress.
- Matters being brought to this so far satisfactory pass, and time being on the wane, Mrs. Bagnet proposes a departure.
- "Now, little housewife," said my guardian, looking at his watch, "I was strictly timed before I came upstairs, for you must not be tired too soon; and my time has waned away to the last minute.
There are no more uses of "wane" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Our passion has waned over the years, but our love has grown.
- The moon was waning, but I could still see the trail.
Go to more samples